2008-07-19

Make up work

For taking 2 days off my [wheels], I needed to do some make up work--with interest. Today is the day, now that I'm feeling better (*more on my doctor's visit below).

1:05:33, 21.1mi
94ºF, Odo 1336mi
avg 19.2mph, max 33.4mph
*carrying 13lbs on my back. It felt like 30. =)


This started slightly after 8:30 this morning (I tried to leave earlier, but I couldn't seem to get out the door). I missed karate, I simply didn't make it up here in time.

After a couple of hours and a good sandwich, I headed out again, this time up rt 13. I'm not impressed with the time or the average speed, but it IS an impressive second 20 miles in a day:

1:06:04, 20.1mi
100ºF, Odo 1356mi
avg 18.2mph, max 39.7mph

I plan to ride more today.

[Next Day]
I did not manage to ride any more yesterday, as much as I wanted to add another 20+ miles to my day, it just didn't fit in with the party. I had to help carry the cake. Best. Cake. Ever. I personally would have done without the coconut, but it wasn't MY birthday =) Also, I watched the end of Avatar, with my aunt and cousin. SO AWESOME!


*My doctor's visit went better than I expected. I went regarding some really slight pains in my chest and the hair loss. There are heart problems on both sides of my family, and chest pain is the single most common medical problem NOT reported to a doctor, so I brought it up. I was also concerned that the spot of missing hair was indicative of a more serious problem, like some nutritional deficiency. The doctor gave me good news: You're healthy. The chest pains are probably from being punched repeatedly at karate. The hair thing will go away in 6 months on it's own and has nothing to do with anything. Regular exercise and eating well keep me at a low Body Mass Index. My heart doesn't have to work as hard, since there's less to carry. Yay!

No comments: