2008-05-01

Bike Log, day 22

Brrr! First day with clipless pedals. The ride was not as productive as I would have liked. Though I didn't feel like I needed food, and though I was hydrated, I felt winded half way through. Maybe I should have eaten something more substantial.
I also did 25 slow pushups and a good stretch before leaving.

23:50, 6.5mi
28F, Odo 376mi
avg 16.4mph, max 25.7mph


Not bad, but I was hoping for so much more.
A quick stretch after the ride helps my legs, but no amount of twisting or contorting has helped my back today. Hopefully the "Relaxation Room" will have some space for me.

[After work edit]
The Relaxation Room called me back and we scheduled to meet between 5 and 5:30pm on Tuesday next week. I'm excited to go! Mental note: schedule time with a chiropractor.

The ride home was uneventful. no dramatic time decrease. Oh well.

20:58, 6.5mi
55F, Odo 382mi
avg 18.7mph, max 30.1mph


To be honest, I believe the biggest factor in my time is the wind.

No comments: