2008-05-22

Bike Log, day 34: creative writing

Today's struggle was simply to get out of bed.

A beautiful woman, whom I love dearly, needed my help in banishing the darkness that haunted her. We can never be together, she and I, or so she keeps telling me; but I still love her deeply, regardless. I helped, though it was late and I must wake early. We talked afterwards. Not about inconsequential things, but about important things. We discussed the tragedy of the loss of beauty in our worlds. Our separate worlds. We walk different paths, she tells me. I still have a flicker of hope for us. I know it's foolish, but I refuse to be ashamed of my dreams.

This morning's stats:
23:44, 6.5mi
48F, Odo 649mi
avg 16.5mph, max 27.4mph
*Zzzzz....
I did not give up, I did not succumb to the lazy desire to drive in (or to call in sick and just sleep). That's a win in my book.

[Ride home]
21:54, 6.5mi
61F, Odo 656mi
avg 17.9mph, max 28.8mph
*light rain early on.
I'm going to take a nap.

No comments: