2008-06-26

Bike Log, day 50

What a fantastic morning! After a couple of days to get my sleep schedule back in order, I'm back on the bike, and with a good time, too!

20:21, 6.5mi
61ºF, Odo 1070mi
avg 19.2mph, max 27.7mph


I definitely made time on the last uphill stretch.

[after work edit]
I carried the new work laptop home on my back, but was determined to set a record regardless. I did(!) ... kinda. The stopwatch wasn't seated correctly so I missed 2/10ths of a mile from my run. le sigh.

18:07, 6.3mi
73ºF, Odo 1076mi
avg 21.0mph, max 32.5mph


Did I break a record? I doubt it. I also had to stop at the stoplight and wait forever. My cyclometer keeps the clock running whenever the wheel moves, so I would have added some time there.... and math says I would need to add 34seconds to my time for 2/10ths of a mile at 21mph, which would put me at 18:41. ten seconds faster than my best time. Did I break a record? The world will never know. I know this: my average speed would be even better because I was -flying- off the start post, probably 24mph.

No comments: