2006-09-28

Plateau

I've reached a plateau in my longboarding skills. Up until yesterday,
every time I went out to carve, I felt much better than the most
previous time. I knew this would happen, but I did not expect it so
soon. I can do two things:

Find a new hill,
or slide more.

I'm not saying I've mastered the longboard, but I know I'm
not going to improve riding this same hill over and over. I'm looking
for a longer road, maybe steeper, and similarly vacant of cars.

There is no reason I can't study sliding -and- carving. There is much more opportunity for sliding than carving here, however I would need new wheels and slide gloves. Knee and elbow pads wouldn't hurt.

I've also been having trouble with my workout lately. Namely, if I don't eat enough, I won't have energy to work out. Also, the wrist and thumb injuries I sustained last weekend learning to slide have made regular pushups painful. I've been doing them on my knuckles to make up for it.

[Update] I just did my workout and accomplished one of my summer goals:
100 pushups in a row!
I did my regular workout, 200 pushups, 200 crunches, and free weights for my arms and shoulders.

No comments: