2007-10-25

Ads poll

Let me start by saying that I hate advertisements. I can't stand TV ads, radio ads, and a majority of internet ads. I remember the thrill of seeing Google Ads, completely text based. It made me happy because they didn't draw my eye away from the content of the page, they didn't distract me. If you know me, you know I'm easily distracted, especially by TV (I realize now that I'm also distracted by sound/music/radio). So seeing Google Ads for the first time brought me great comfort, I was very excited because they're only text. I can glance over them if I wish, but I'm not drawn to them like a moth to a flame, as I am with blinking/flashing/video ads.

So it is with great hesitation that I even consider adding ads to this blog. They would be Google Ads, of course. But this is a poll. Tell me what you think, should I include Ads?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh please don't add ads, even text ads are annoying, I'm with you on the hating advertisements, and it's getting harder and harder to find pages that don't bombard you with either pop ups, pop "unders" or all sorts of stuff run across the tops and sides!
Crys, The Feline Sextet's Human