2008-10-15

Private lesson

I had my first private lesson with Mr. White, a 7th degree black belt, and owner of the studio I love so much. He is a Professor of the art and has my utmost respect. His skill is ten times mine, at least. I could go on, but I think you get the idea: he's awesome.

Here are my notes from our meeting, unedited:
*Circling Wing
-crossing talon + knee.
bend wrist, maintain flat palm
contact. pull together
*Crushing Hammer
short palmheel, no step.
step 12, rt cross knee,
lf round face, rt knee kidney,
rt shovel (toe, heel same
direction) knee as pin, shuffle
kick.
*Leaping Crane
chicken L stomp, step wide,
back rising face, rt ribs
*Crossing Talon
-bring your body
with you w/step.
step farther.


I didn't have time to be writing stuff, but I knew I wouldn't be able to practice the way I needed to right away. I don't have time now to explain what all this means. If you know these techniques, you can see there are huge gaps in the notes I've just made. Those are the parts I don't need help on. These notes are the just corrections.

No comments: